Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Edition: weekend in philly, laser gun, easy to please, pumpkin pie

1. My friend and old suitemate Nicole came to visit this weekend, and we had a fun Saturday in Philadelphia. I've gotten better at hosting since my first guest, so I felt pretty confident about my skills, until the end of our day, when I tried to pay for dinner with a debit card at a restaurant that only takes cash. So, I ran to the Wawa to get some cash and ran back to the restaurant. After I paid, I guess the man who'd been waiting on us had seen what happened, and he patted me on the back.

2. Talking about the new Nintendo "Wii" with Nicole over her first bubble tea. She thinks the wand concept is really funny, so just asking her questions about it made her laugh.

3. Grandma told me her directions for walking to the "Reddi Termino."

4. At the children's concert today, one of the violinists had her group of young people perform, and they performed a version of the toy symphony with a variety of the usual weird percussion instruments and whistles, but one instrument stood out...a laser gun.

5. After our concerts, we are always like, "wow, we really messed up," but when I went upstairs today to go to the "orchestra petting zoo," I heard one of the kids tell his parent, "I really liked that!"

6. Eating a big slice of pumpkin pie.

No comments: