So, a little while back, I posted a link to this blog that Blogger deemed notable, and I heartily agreed. It's called Three Beautiful Things, also affectionately known in this electronic community, as I've learned, as 3BT. It seems like this woman, Clare, has started a mini-movement of sorts. There are links to all these people who've started doing their own 3BT. I think it's cool. Because, I've read through some of those other 3BTs ( because, how else am I going to finish all my work, but through procrastination and reading blogs of random people?), and they are obviously written by people with very different worldviews and experiences, but they all do this one thing as a little community, so it's neat. Okay? Jeez...Just kidding.
So, at the risk of seeming to join an internet cult (once again, just kidding), I thought I might try my hand at it. Clare's blog is so lovely, it has inspired me. I don't know if I'll be able to do it every day like she does, but we'll see how it works out. Plus, this could be therapeutic, because even if you have a crappy day, you need to think of 3 good things. Maybe one day I'll go back to writing about things that make me mad or drive me nuts.
1. For the children's concert this weekend, we are playing music about wizards and sorcerers, so this woman is reading "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" and is introducing the instruments of the orchestra. She is one of those women with a warm smile and kind eyes who reminds you of the elementary school librarian you used to have. You can't help but feel like a kid again when someone reads a story in one of those expressive, read-aloud voices.
2. Lately, when I've gone to the office to bother Gretchen about getting forms or questions, she reaches down into one of her desk drawers and pulls out a fun-size snickers for me. Today after she gave me my snickers, she asked what I was doing for Thanksgiving, and I told her I was going home. She said she always invites and prepares for a lot of people, so I had a feeling if I weren't going home, she was going to ask me to come over for a Thanksgiving meal.
3. When I came home today, the bottom light on our DSL modem was a steady green, instead a a blinking green, meaning the internet people fixed our service.
No comments:
Post a Comment