Friday, December 01, 2006

back, with a vengeance: bowling news, night lights, & gracious pity

1. When a friend and I met up today, the first thing she said after we said "hi" was, "And Lisa, guess what? I got a 130 in bowling!" When people address you using your name, it seems like they're really happy to talk to you.

2. The strings of lights over the Christmas tree lots at night. There's just enough light to see the tips of the trees as I drive by.

3. I forgot my keys last night and didn't realize I had done so until after leaving the computer lab at 3:00am. So I went back to the lab and put three chairs together to make a bed and sleep until it was a decent time to wake up my roommate. I didn't count on another student I don't know so well coming in at 6:00 in the morning looking all fresh-faced and put together and ready for the day. I woke up and crawled out of my corner, probably looking like doodoo. She smiled at me and went about her work like nothing was wrong with this scene when she knew that there was.

No comments: